Venerate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US Korgath

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cataclysm Leveling

Go down 
+5
Deadnate
Stopit
Kaylanna
Stnu
Biggie
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Biggie
Admin

Cataclysm Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Cataclysm Leveling   Cataclysm Leveling Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:38 pm

Ok everyone, so the time is near. I've been reading a lot lately about the fastest way to level and shit. I think we should talk about how we want to proceed as a guild. This is the thread I drew a lot of info from: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/792611-Speeding-levelling-to-85-in-three-days.

I think I am going to be running BRC til 82 and then questing as that's when the new gear starts replacing our current gear. This method will basically have us skipping the starting zones (Hyjal/Vashj'ir) and going to Deepholm at 82. These guys are saying we can get to 82 in a few hours by running BRC. Then as I'm questing, when I encounter a new dungeon for the first time I will run it once for the quests inside and then go back to exclusively questing.

When it comes to questing, I will be picking up stuff that helps my professions (like ore) and putting it in the bank. Even though this will slow down the leveling process, it will help out immensely later on. I encourage everyone else to do the same. I'm sure this time we will have a similar plan like we did for Wrath in regards to guild resources to level professions to benefit the guild.

Also, when we get closer to the expansion I will give everyone the ability to invite others to the guild. For guild leveling purposes, I think we should add anyone that can contribute to the guild XP. Like friends or people we see questing who are guildless. They can always be kicked later if needed.

I'm not taking off a ton of time from work for Cata and so things will just have to happen as they may. That said, I'd like to get our first 10 man raid in before the reset that first week (Sunday/Monday). That gives everyone 5 days to level up and from what I'm reading, this should be plenty of time without feeling rushed.

What are your thoughts? Please contribute to this thread guys. If there are 4 others that want to level the same way I am, we can certainly pair up and do the whole process together.
Back to top Go down
Biggie
Admin

Cataclysm Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cataclysm Leveling   Cataclysm Leveling Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 6:09 pm

There are also some reports of BRC XP being nerfed, so maybe it'll be just questing the whole way. That was my original plan anyway, so meh. I know I quested for a few levels and it really was smooth and quick. Who's with me then? Need a questing party that is willing to stick together. Panika, obviously, isn't invited!!
Back to top Go down
Stnu
Admin
Stnu

Cataclysm Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cataclysm Leveling   Cataclysm Leveling Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:39 pm

I always down for instances as i don't care too much for questing, although it is growing on me. So I'm down for anything instances or questing groups whatever works for me. I'm currently not working as I'm getting shit sorted out with irl, so I'll either be leveling really quickly or at a normal pace i have not decided on what i want to do yet. And i doubt i will till cata actually is out and i start leveling. It would be nice to get a raid in the first week depends on obviously who levels and how fast they do it so we have a group able to clear some of the instance.

Personally i think people need to sit down and decide what their playing and what spec their going, after talking to some people over the past few weeks sounds like a lot are swapping mains or roles in the guild. It would be nice to see what people are playing so we can get an idea of what group we will be rolling with and what specs people are gonna be. No use in leveling if were only gonna have 1 tank or 1 healer to try and clear a raid, although i'm down for just trying it with whatever also. So if you actully take the time to read what i write say what your gonna be playing as a main and what spec, heals, dps, tank, guild retard, ect.

Roster:
Stnu - Druid - Resto

Biggie - Druid - Feral Tank
Back to top Go down
Biggie
Admin

Cataclysm Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cataclysm Leveling   Cataclysm Leveling Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:51 pm

well frankly, this whole expansion will be another big experiment, but it's obvious that we need a certain amount of tanks and healers to do content, if we don't have that we either don't raid or we recruit and replace
Back to top Go down
Stnu
Admin
Stnu

Cataclysm Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cataclysm Leveling   Cataclysm Leveling Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:59 pm

Also i'm all for inviting tards to the guild who are guildless, we always seem to have soo much fun with them.
Back to top Go down
Kaylanna

Kaylanna

Cataclysm Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cataclysm Leveling   Cataclysm Leveling Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:05 pm

Im down to tank again. Unfortunately since they changed/nerfed ardent defender we wont be able to bring me in as a green geared tank if jay is doing the healing Sad
Back to top Go down
Stnu
Admin
Stnu

Cataclysm Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cataclysm Leveling   Cataclysm Leveling Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:11 pm

Just buy some boa gear and wear that shit it will be just like before.
Back to top Go down
Stopit

Stopit

Cataclysm Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cataclysm Leveling   Cataclysm Leveling Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 1:10 am

I'm down to level whatever the guild needs once cata hits. Here's what I have to pick from.
Deathknight (Dps or Tank)
Warlock
Priest (Heals or Dps)

Just let me know what everyone thinks and I'll aim to be 85 in 5 days.
Back to top Go down
Stnu
Admin
Stnu

Cataclysm Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cataclysm Leveling   Cataclysm Leveling Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:53 am

Personally I'd say level whatever you really want too, i don't want to have to make people play classes or characters they would rather have as a alt just because we could raid a little sooner. It mite come down to that if we don't have the right classes and specs for raids, but i would rather people enjoy their time playing.

With that being said though we also have to realize we only get 1 raid a week, so i feel that alts who have been neglected in previous expansions will get some more use, maybe. I'd say that almost everyone in the guild has a 80 alt at this time some have more, I'd be down to run a second group every week for our alts. I'm sure a lot of you feel the same and would really love to get your alt geared out as well for pvp or whatever you like to use your alts for. Guess we will see how much time we have each week and how long some of these 10 mans will take.

Also who knows how many people are gonna be back playing for cata i know more then 20 will log on in the first days to level, how many will stick around and actually raid is another question. I'm sure unfortunately some people will be sat for raids due to many people being on and stacking the raid accordingly, so we can also do the 2nd weekly run with these people mixed with alts to help them out as well. Gonna obviously have to see about all this when the time actually comes but it just give you all something to think about.
Back to top Go down
Deadnate

Deadnate

Cataclysm Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cataclysm Leveling   Cataclysm Leveling Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:08 pm

I CAN PEW PEW MAGE DPS!!!
Back to top Go down
nvcn

nvcn

Cataclysm Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cataclysm Leveling   Cataclysm Leveling Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:17 pm

WONDER HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO LEVEL IN BGS?
Back to top Go down
Biggie
Admin

Cataclysm Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cataclysm Leveling   Cataclysm Leveling Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:25 pm

so Nova will be testing leveling time in BGs, that is settled

as far as classes, like Stnu said, play what you like playing, but there is an obvious problem if we have 10 people wanting to play dps, and if that happens we will have to make adjustments

but if I had to guess, Stathis is saying he enjoys playing those 3 classes, cause we all know he has more 80s than just those 3. if that's the case, currently it seems we'll be short healers but there are still over 2 weeks for things to develop
Back to top Go down
Biggie
Admin

Cataclysm Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cataclysm Leveling   Cataclysm Leveling Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:27 pm

also, just to throw this out there, and obviously it can change by Dec 7th, but these guys are saying it takes about 25-30 hours in-game to get to 85
Back to top Go down
Deadnate

Deadnate

Cataclysm Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cataclysm Leveling   Cataclysm Leveling Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:28 pm

Biggie wrote:
also, just to throw this out there, and obviously it can change by Dec 7th, but these guys are saying it takes about 25-30 hours in-game to get to 85

whats really the point of quick leveling? it prob just get you burnt out hardcore. id say just enjoy it
Back to top Go down
Stnu
Admin
Stnu

Cataclysm Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cataclysm Leveling   Cataclysm Leveling Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 4:04 pm

Deadnate wrote:
Biggie wrote:

whats really the point of quick leveling? it prob just get you burnt out hardcore. id say just enjoy it

For the girls next year when you go to blizzcon you can throw out there how you were the first 80 on korgath, then they will all wanna be with you.
Back to top Go down
Deadnate

Deadnate

Cataclysm Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cataclysm Leveling   Cataclysm Leveling Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 4:17 pm

Stnu wrote:
Deadnate wrote:
Biggie wrote:

For the girls next year when you go to blizzcon you can throw out there how you were the first 80 on korgath, then they will all wanna be with you.

i just have to say FOr the horde and they are all over me
Back to top Go down
Stopit

Stopit

Cataclysm Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cataclysm Leveling   Cataclysm Leveling Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 4:36 pm

Cmon now deadnate.. we all know you say FOR TEH DERPZ
Back to top Go down
Biggie
Admin

Cataclysm Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cataclysm Leveling   Cataclysm Leveling Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 9:23 pm

Deadnate, I wasn't saying you had to do it all in one sitting or anything. That's just the amount of playtime required, so if you wanna do it in say 5 days, as Stathis mentioned, then it's about 5 hours a day.

And yeah, like Stnu said, you went to Blizzcon, I'm pretty sure you have a reputation to uphold now.
Back to top Go down
Abra

Abra

Cataclysm Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cataclysm Leveling   Cataclysm Leveling Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 11:08 pm

is this the thread for talking about Kargath?
Back to top Go down
Stnu
Admin
Stnu

Cataclysm Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cataclysm Leveling   Cataclysm Leveling Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 4:02 am

Abra wrote:
is this the thread for talking about Kargath?

It could be, but i know of a much better server to talk about.

Cataclysm Leveling Wowscrnshot112010005503

Back to top Go down
Kaylanna

Kaylanna

Cataclysm Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cataclysm Leveling   Cataclysm Leveling Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 12:38 pm

how the fuck do you get up to 103.8% of your max HP, hacks!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Stnu
Admin
Stnu

Cataclysm Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cataclysm Leveling   Cataclysm Leveling Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 1:22 pm

I don't know, odd how I'm not even full hp though. Broken game is broken.
Back to top Go down
nvcn

nvcn

Cataclysm Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cataclysm Leveling   Cataclysm Leveling Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 4:16 pm

What UF is that shit yo
Back to top Go down
Stnu
Admin
Stnu

Cataclysm Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cataclysm Leveling   Cataclysm Leveling Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 4:19 pm

Pitbull 4, takes a little while to make them look nice like that actually though.
Back to top Go down
Kaylanna

Kaylanna

Cataclysm Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cataclysm Leveling   Cataclysm Leveling Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 4:30 pm

Pitbull is used in like every UI pack. Just download a complete UI from wowinterface.com and disable or delete everything but pitbull. They will already be configured to look all fancy and shit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cataclysm Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cataclysm Leveling   Cataclysm Leveling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cataclysm Leveling
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next